Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Live Music

David and I are normally home by 7pm any night of the week so that both kids are in bed by 8pm. But this past Saturday night, we were leaving the house at 8pm and heading downtown (thanks, Allison for babysitting). I could not believe how many people were out and going places and then I realized, they either don't have kids or have a baby-sitter. (You can tell we don't get out much any more.) This is what we were going out for:

Thanks to David's work we had free tickets and great seats. I would LOVE to show you how close we were to the stage BUT unlike the majority of the crowd, I do not have a phone that can videotape or even take pictures (again, showing how behind I am with the times). But I can show you the cover of the free CD Coldplay gave away after the concert.

This was one of the best concerts I have been to and would highly encourage you to buy tickets if it is coming anywhere near where you live. I can't stop thinking about it or listening to their music. Does anyone else feel this way after a concert? Chris Martin is not just an incredible singer but an amazing performer. Since I couldn't videotape the concert for you, I'll give you a sample of someone who did.

video by thejjb1

2 comments:

Paul&Julie said...

I am so jealous! Paul is so jealous! We love coldplay. I think they are coming to Vancouver sometime soon...hmmm, I'll have to check on that. I know when I hear people hanging out at the park across the street at 10 at night, I think "aren't you guys tired?" "why aren't you getting ready for bed?" We are so old.

khovater said...

How would you say they compared to U2 concerts?